Current Bankroll: $2 - 700K Play Chips

I haven't had hardly any time to fire up the poker tables in the past week, and have become really antsy to get some decent time at the tables in. I got a bit too impatient the other night and bought into the nightly 500K Play Chip $40 Freeroll at Full Tilt despite being way below the 2M Play Chip minimum that I set for myself as a rule to limit my buy-in for this tournament. I managed to cash in the tournament and get my real money bankroll back in the green, but it has put my play chip bankroll in some very sketchy territory. I'm going to have to really be disciplined and force myself to wait until I've built my play chip bankroll back up to 2M before buying into the 500K play chip freeroll again, so it could be a little while before I'm able to pick up a couple more dollars with the amount of time I've had to play lately.

I recently noticed that my bankroll graph had disappeared, and upon further investigation the table in my database holding the info seems to have been deleted. I didn't have a backup, and neither did my host, so it looks like the first month of my bankroll challenge has been lost in the cyber void. I guess it's not that big a deal since I haven't really gotten anywhere yet, but I still feel a bit sad about not having the challenge on the graph from the very beginning.

In more positive news, Burnley Mik is back with a new blog, Donkey Thrasher, as part of the new UK Poker Scene, a group of UK poker bloggers centered around the Raise the River community. These guys are always a great read, so the site is definitely worth a look.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Thanks for the kind words fella.

    How can it have been deleted though?? Thats very strange, but to say you hadn't got anywhere is not quite accurate, you had done awesomely to get to where you had!
    wants said...
    I was playing around with the database and cleaning up some tables and I think that's when I might have accidently deleted it, but I'm still a bit skeptical because I'm usually pretty careful about that kind of thing. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

    You're right though about getting somewhere. I just meant I hadn't actually successfully pulled away from the $0 magnet just yet, but the experience I have gained definitely gets me closer to finally moving up.

Post a Comment